Friday, July 23, 2010

Laughter

I have been doing some research for a presentation I'm giving to Cottonwood Alumni in a coupld of weeks. I've been looking for resources and information about things they can do in Tucson. Check out what I found!

Well, we all know that laughing does wonderful things for our mind and body. I have recently discovered a new phenomenon, Laughter Yoga! It involves laughing exercises and stretching and breathing as well. There is a class in Tucson that I'm thinking about going to... I'll keep you posted :) Here is a website with videos of the Tucson class in action. It looks rather intriguing :)

There are also Laughing Clubs all over the world that meet once a month and laugh together. They are led by certified instructors or leaders too :) Love it!

2 comments:

  1. Here is a link to an article I found about it in Columbia:

    http://faithinfocus.wordpress.com/2008/06/25/laughter-yoga-in-columbia-mo/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember seeing this on the news in CA like 10 years ago. Definitely fits on the West Coast, not so sure about New England. You should check it out! It's gotta be fun!

    ReplyDelete