Thursday, July 29, 2010

Homemade dog food


We are officially spoiling Barley :) He has had multiple bouts of "the runs" and we have found that his digestive tract is sensitive... Our vet suggested boiled chicken breast and over-cooked rice during these bouts. But now whenever we switch him back to dry food, the runs return :-P So, with that said... we are cooking our dog food. For breakfast today, Barley had two eggs scrambled with cheese and rice. For dinner he devoured his chicken and rice with broccoli, carrots, and yogurt. He is eating better than we are! We sometimes have to go grocery shopping just to get his food :)

Part of me likes making his food... I feel better knowing what he's eating, and I come home to a clean crate. I also feel good about taking care of him... My maternal instinct I guess :) but it is a hassle! Hopefully we will eventually find him a dry food that doesn't upset his stomach.

"We are what we eat."
~?? (who knows who said it first...)

No comments:

Post a Comment