Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our New Jobs!

Hi everyone!

We are finally getting settled in here :) I am REALLY enjoying my new job at Cottonwood de Tucson!! I have been facilitating a challenge course (low ropes course), taking the patients kickboxing and on outings (local museums, hiking trips, canyons, caves...). I am also working with aftercare patients who have left Cottonwood and are staying in a more independent house. I am doing leisure education with this groups, in order to introduce them to tasks they can do once they are discharged back home. Working with people with addiction isn't as challenging as I thought it would be! It's similar to working with children and adolescents because they basically stunted their development when they started using. It truly is incredible to see the improvement in the patients.

While I was filling out paperwork with our HR lady at Cottonwood, she mentioned there was a position open in the kitchen. I mentioned it to Tommy and he applied and got the job!! The food at Cottonwood is SSOOO incredible! We have all non-processed and all natural food. I think Tommy is just glad to have a job in this economy. And it'll be nice for him to work in a kitchen without drug addicts and more accountability. :)

Tommy and I did some cleaning today and here are some pictures of our place :)Standing in the kitchen, looking toward the front door.
Standing in the living room, looking toward the kitchen and backyardOur huge kitchen! :)

Our master bathroom.

We're working on the upstairs right now, so stay tuned for more pictures :)

Love,
Emily

No comments:

Post a Comment